"Balancing The Account By Hand" by kenteegardin is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0
The councils financial year runs from 1 April to the 31 March every year.
Each year the council sets a budget, which determines the council tax precept.
The council us also required to submit and publish an annual governance statement (AGAR) which:
- Summarises the councils accounts for the financial year.
- Includes a number of statements in relation to the accounts.
- Includes the council’s internal auditors opinion regarding the accounts
- Explains any significant changes to previous years
- Includes, once work has been completed, the findings of the council’s external auditor in relation to the accounting statements.
These documents can be found, arranged by year, on this webpage.
"Folded pile of £10 notes" by Images_of_Money is licensed under CC BY 2.0
The council’s annual budget includes monies to award as grants for local organisations benefiting Sandown or its residents.
Grant Application form
Details of any grant awards over £500 are included in the councils transparency data.