The councils financial year runs from 1 April to the 31 March every year. Each year the council sets a budget, which determines the council tax precept.
The council is also required to submit and publish an annual governance statement (AGAR) which:
- Summarises the councils accounts for the financial year.
- Includes a number of statements in relation to the accounts.
- Includes the council’s internal auditors opinion regarding the accounts
- Explains any significant changes to previous years
- Includes, once work has been completed, the findings of the council’s external auditor in relation to the accounting statements.
These documents can be found, arranged by year, on this webpage.