The Bay’s multi-tiered youth programme is going from strength to strength. Originally developed in late Autumn 2021 due to identified needs, the FREE provision is open to young people, primarily ages 10 -18 years who live or are educated in the Sandown, Lake and Shanklin communities.
The programme currently delivers the following;
- Youth work in local communities (Community Action Youth workers who are engaging with young people within parks, open spaces, high streets, seafront, schools and other hotspots.
- Requested weekly activities (sports, arts and cultural activities).
- Personal & social development opportunities, life skills, informal/formal education and accreditation, including coaching courses.
- Youth Forums and youth voice.
- Targeted interventions for those young people with vulnerability and risk factors.
The following activities are running or planned for the summer period/holidays.
Youth forum/Youth Voice
Launch of junior Youth Forum for 11-13 years olds to compliment the ongoing work of senior youth forum for ages 14+ years.
Don’t miss the amazing “Do Something Film” produced by our older forum members: Film Link
Weekly sessions on a Wednesday 4:30pm to 7pm, usually at Sandown Library
Please contact Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org